On Wednesday, April 29, the College of Agricultural Sciences and Agricultural Experiment Station celebrated the annual CAS/AES Awards. After two years of conducting the ceremony virtually, the event was hosted in the new Nutrien Agricultural Sciences Building. Gathered in the new Bernie Rollin Knowledge Well classroom-in-the-round, CAS/AES employees and students were celebrated for their outstanding accomplishments over the last year.
Charles N. Shepardson Award Recipients
Graduate Student Teaching Award
A current graduate student who has demonstrated excellence in the classroom during the past academic year teaching agriculture-related courses.
- Allison Vautier, Department of Animal Sciences
Faculty Teaching Award <10 Years Experience at CSU
A current faculty member, with under 10 years teaching experience at CSU, who has demonstrated excellence in classroom teaching of agriculture-related courses at CSU within the past academic year.
- Alessandro Bonanno, Department of Agricultural and Resource Economics
Charles N. Shepardson Student Leadership Award
A current CAS undergraduate with senior standing who has demonstrated outstanding leadership ability during their undergraduate career through employment, activities, and organizations within the college and throughout the university related to agricultural sciences and has maintained a minimum 3.00 cumulative GPA.
- Laura Moore, Department of Soil and Crop Sciences
- Bailey Morrell, Department of Agricultural and Resource Economics
CAS and AES Awards
Excellence in Collaborative Research Award
- AgNext, Department of Animal Sciences
- Kim Stackhouse-Lawson, Logan Thompson, Kevin Jablonski, Franklyn Garry, John Sheehan, Shawn Archibeque, Jenn Rieskamp, Andy Runyan
- Students – Mesa Kutz, Ashley Schilling, Lauren Newman, Becca Crook, Sydney Gradisar-Jansen
Research Contributors Award
A team of at least two members, with a minimum of one faculty member, that demonstrates a record of collaborative, interdisciplinary research and scholarly activities that have contributed to the advancement of science and achieved a positive impact on end users.
- Brendon Anthony, Department of Horticulture and Landscape Architecture
- Pankaj Trivedi, Department of Agricultural Biology
- Patrick Woods, Department of Agricultural Biology
Distinguished Community Engagement Scholarship Award
A collaboration, project, program or person with a long-term record of sustained impact, achievement and scholarship.
- Kellie Enns, Department of Agricultural and Resource Economics
Outstanding Staff Award
CAS/AES staff – including administrative professional employees, state classified employees, and post-doctoral fellows – who have demonstrated exceptional performance and a commitment to the success of CAS/AES through their service and support.
- Jennifer Garwood, Agricultural Business Center
- Monica Thrasher, Department of Animal Sciences
Come to the Table Inclusive Excellence Award
A person who has demonstrated outstanding commitment and/or contributions to improving the inclusiveness and diversity of the College of Agricultural Sciences and our mission through their inclusive programming and/or leadership and demonstration of CSU’s Principles of Community.
- Jeannie Roberts, Department of Soil and Crop Sciences
Lee Sommers Agricultural Sciences Distinguished Career Award
A senior faculty member in the College of Agricultural Sciences with a long and distinguished career based on excellence in teaching, research, and/or outreach.
- Pat Byrne, Department of Soil and Crop Sciences